JENNIFER ROLLINS – Digital Marketing Nerd
- End-to-end online and digital marketing professional
- Self-motivated and focused on metrics
- Motivational leader
- Pay-Per-Click strategist
- SEO/SEM strategist and copywriter
- Social media strategist and consultant
- Facilitator and relationship builder
- Able to translate technical jargon and geek speak to less technical individuals
- Very strong work ethic
SOCIAL MEDIA PROFILES:
The Update Company, February 2018 to Present
Director of Lead Generation
- Managing and driving the lead generation and lead conversion for digital sales and recruitment goals of our clients.
- Analyzing and reporting on lead generation and sales campaigns to prove return on investment, success factors, and impact for our clients and their partners.
- Managing, leading and mentoring the Lead Generation Team of Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Pay-Per-Click Advertising (Google Ads/Facebook/Instagram/Twitter/LinkedIn/Snapchat), Social Media Strategy and Community Management Specialists.
- Delivering sales and production targets for the Lead Generation team.
The Jen Rollins/Build Create Grow/Techmommy, January 2007 to Present
Digital Marketing and Online Lead Generation Consultant
- Offering full-cycle marketing and business development consultation, strategies and implementation from solo entrepreneurs to large government entities and universities.
- Utilizing sales and marketing strategies to bring in leads including WordPress websites (also including Bravely Walk Forward as a sales channel), social media posts and advertising, personal branding and networking.
- Automating sales cycle including scheduling software, payment gateways, invoicing and client reporting.
- Consultation and implementation including assessments of current sale and market strategies, lead generation consultation and strategies, market research, persona development, content development, conversion rate optimization, keyword research, search engine optimization, social media strategies, paid marketing channels (Adwords/ YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn), local optimization,, proposal and bid writing, selecting and implementing marketing automation software, benchmarking, metrics, and reporting.
- Managing subcontractors to build a one-stop marketing company for clients.
- Keeping up with industry publications, blogs, newsletters, and technology trends
- Adapting to new marketing targets and offerings.
Director of the Lake Trail Community School Educational Society
- Assisting the newly formed Community School with overall marketing, public relations and fundraising assistance with the goal of promoting an integrated focus on lifelong learning, healthy lifestyles, community development and engagement leading to improved learning, stronger families and a healthier community.
Digital Marketing Consultant for The Cumberland Forest Society
- Assisting with CCFS Facebook Advertising for events, providing project management and digital marketing consultation for their website and collateral and volunteering for events all in an effort to purchase and protect another 150+ hectares of forest along Perseverance Creek.
Techmommy.ca (former blog)
- Writing tech and parenting blog posts with a focus on internet marketing and social media. The Tech Mommy website generated between 15,000 and 25,000 page views a month.
- In November 2014, Tech Mommy was chosen by Mastercard to go to New York City to discuss new initiatives that they are developing including new payment gateways, MasterPass, token creation and advertising platforms for small business owners. Was also brought on a tour of their new Tech Hub in Manhattan and saw new apps being demoed.
- Was a regular on City TV Edmonton and featured in many Edmonton based publications and blogs.
Social Media Chair for Bust a Move Edmonton
- Social Media Chair for Bust a Move Edmonton, a fundraiser for breast cancer research and awareness put on by the Alberta Cancer Foundation.
- Since 2012, this has included interviewing key team members, reviewing current communication plans, campaigns and business plans and helping to create social media goals for the fundraiser. Cross-platform training including tools and best practices was also included. Offered consultation throughout the fundraising pushes and came up with innovative ideas to engage their guest trainer- Richard Simmons including Twitter chats and Facebook parties.
- On top of this, created and lead a group of BaMbassdors- social media influencers invited to take part in Bust a Move 2012, 2013 and 2014 to help create awareness, funds and content during the event.
- In March 2014, the BaMbassador team had the #BaMyeg hashtag trending in Edmonton and Canada with millions reached. Also in March 2014, the social media strategy created for Edmonton was shared with the other BaM cities for a combined strategy.
- Nominated for a “Best in Social Media” award for Bust a Move at the 2014 Digital Alberta Awards.
Communications Board Member for the Ronald McDonald House Northern Alberta
- Assisted in creating a full social media strategy (volunteer) for the Ronald McDonald House Northern Alberta.
- Built requirements for a mobile app that would take children and parents through a tour of the space as well as add in gamification and fun. They had an initial idea but needed to know how to articulate needs and requirements to an outside development team. The concept for this app resulted in RMNA gaining a $50,000 grant to start the project
Sponsorship and Media Chair for The Yeggies — Edmonton’s New Media Awards.
- As part of the founding committee, was asked to bring in sponsors for the annual May event. With nothing but a vision, I was able to secure over $18,000/year to put together the event that celebrates content creators in Edmonton.
- As a committee member, responsibilities include input into all aspects of the process (nominations, judging, venue selection and set-up, menu, advertising and writing content for print collateral). In 2014 and 2015 more than 250 prominent, local social media personalities filled the room.
- Our hashtag trended in Canada and was very close to trending in North America. Over 25 blog posts were created and linked back to our website (earned media). We were featured in all local media outlets including TV, radio and popular podcasts.
Make Jen’s Day
- Created an initiative called Make Jen’s Day, where people were asked give back to their communities in small ways and share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+.
- During the 4 day initiative, there were over 1.5 million impressions (using the #makejensday hashtag) on Twitter as well as over 700 mentions, comments, Facebook ‘likes’ and shares.
- This awareness resulted in over 115 acts of kindness, generosity and compassion. Make Jen’s Day was also covered by Metro News, The Edmonton Sun, Chatelaine Magazine, Joe FM, UP 99.3 and a live segment on Breakfast Television Edmonton. This initiative now has its own website, Facebook page as well as Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and Pinterest accounts.
- In 2013, Make Jen’s Day brought together over 200 volunteers to do over 1000 random acts of kindness including: compliment bombs, giving away flowers at the Downtown Farmer’s Market, assisting at the Hope Mission annual BBQ, raising funds and awareness for the Ronald McDonald House while preparing lunch for over 65 families, leaving kind post-it notes on people’s vehicles, holding positive and inspiring signs and waving at people leaving downtown core after work on Friday
- Make Jen’s Day was featured in the Edmonton Journal, Edmonton Sun, on the Make Something Edmonton website and at the Make Something Edmonton launch, CTV News, Breakfast TV, CBC News and CBC radio. MJD was also featured in the first Make Something Edmonton video.
- Organized large galas and live music fundraisers from beginning to end while facilitating a team of over 75 volunteers from 2001 to 2011. Networked through media, sponsors, non-profit associations and the Edmonton community in order to ensure support and financial backing.
- Raised over $75,000 for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation, NWT/ Prairies division through a yearly live music concert called Driven by Compassion.
Awards and Recognition
- Nominated for a “Best in Social Media” award for Bust a Move at the 2014 Digital Alberta Awards.
- Nominated for a FIERCE award as well as a Top 40 Under 40 Award through Alberta Venture in 2013.
- Nominated for a Heart and Soul Award through the Edmonton Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals in 2007.
Localize Inc, Partnerships and Marketing Manager, July 2015 to April 2016
- Creating a sales process and organizing the CRM system to show sales statistics including automating the full sales process and clearly showing percentage to close closing ratios and next steps with each client and prospect.
- Creating long-term relationships with grocery industry clients to enhance their local food labelling, marketing, and procurement strategies as well as coming up with ideas for client delight initiatives.
- Managing leads through the sales funnel including prospect list creation, cold/warm calls and emails, and proposal writing.
- Keeping up with industry publications, blogs, newsletters, and technology trends.
- Leading, managing, motivating, and supporting the Sales and Marketing team.
- Developing marketing plans, communication strategies, lead generation, and metrics and analyzing each.
- Determining short-term and long-term strategies and business goals, including change management, as part of the executive leadership team.
- Creative direction, content writing, and building out marketing and sales collateral, decks, trade show exhibits, and press releases.
- Strategizing and implementing online marketing strategies including social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Business Pages, and LinkedIn.
- Optimizing the Localize WordPress website including the creation of new landing pages, on-page optimization, site optimization, SEO copywriting, SEM, and linking strategies.
- Being the point of contact for PR opportunities including interviews, press releases.
- Working with multiple teams within Localize to get projects done and identifying subject matter experts for marketing materials, interviews, meetings, and collateral pieces
- Ensuring all marketing and sales materials use consistent branding and voice.
- Writing job postings, identifying potential candidates, organizing interviews, and being involved in the entire hiring process including onboarding.
- Assisting in the creation of an emergency communications plans
- Adapting to changing business needs and changing priorities.
PPM 2000, Marketing Communications Manager, September 2014 to July 2016
- Managing all marketing collateral — print and web including creation of new materials, updating older materials, editing copy and working with a graphic designer to ensure it fits brand and corporate guidelines.
- Creating a spreadsheet of all of our marketing materials to ensure our clients are getting the most up to date information. This spreadsheet also keeps track of key ideas in each piece as our naming conventions change with new versions of our software.
- Writing print, web and ad content with SEO best practices and keyword research in mind.
- Measuring and reporting all marketing materials based on KPIs and lead generation.
- Creating strategies to track and measure all marketing materials using Google Analytics tracking codes and goals, Crazy Egg for heat and click maps and MOZ pro, as well as monitoring, leads coming through the website and adding tracking codes into our CRM.
- Working with a security-specific PR company in the US to increase exposure and lead generation using content written by our internal team as well as third-party companies.
- This included: seeking our clients and internal team members for testimonials and stories; being on calls and interviews between clients/staff and our PR company.
- Managed the relationship with the outside PR company which included, managing their projects internally, meeting tight deadlines and being the single point of contact at PPM for editorial questions and new content creation.
- Managed and created marketing materials for our biggest tradeshow- ASIS. Together with the Graphic Designer, we created a new flyer, PowerPoint presentation and video to be played at the booth, wrote and edited press releases, created web, social media and email blast content, managed all of the PR initiatives together with our external PR team, managed social media platforms, strategized and edited post- ASIS blog and web content.
Created SEO strategies and implementation for the North American, Europe and Australian markets.
- Keyword/keyphrase analysis; onsite optimization (internal and external linking strategies, title tag and meta description optimization, SEO content writing, local optimization and alt tag/image optimization); Adword and other paid strategies (banner ads, LinkedIn and third-party software sites) and maintenance; Google Analytics goal setting and reporting; landing page creation, form creation and general usability and readability strategies.
- Editing and viewing every piece of marketing collateral before it is finalized.
- Creating and curating content for our social media platforms.
- Taking part in marketing brainstorming meetings for new products and services.
- Using my former skills as a recruiter to assist in hiring for the marketing and sales departments including putting up postings on job boards, pre-screening candidates, taking part in interviews and calling references as required.
- Used Hootsuite, MOZ pro, Crazy Egg, SpyFu, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Tool, Twitter, LinkedIn (personal, corporate and advertising, Google + Local, YouTube and Google Adwords.
- Increased online conversions over 300% and search engine referral traffic by 19.7% in the first 6 months as part of the marketing team.
PPM 2000, Content Marketing Specialist, April 2014 to September 2014
- Creating a social media strategy for Twitter, YouTube, Google+ local page and LinkedIn and creating and curating content for each.
- SEO strategies and implementation for the North American, Europe and Australian markets.
- This included: keyword/keyphrase analysis; onsite optimization (internal and external linking strategies, title tag and meta description optimization, SEO content writing, local optimization and alt tag/image optimization); Adword and other paid strategies (banner ads, LinkedIn and third party software sites) and maintenance; Google Analytics goal setting and reporting; landing page creation, form creation and general usability and readability strategies.
- Creating a strategy and schedule for internal blogging based on SEO strategies and keyword research.
- Creating a brand new product tour from initial idea to the final product.
- This included: bringing together and managing multiple internal teams; creating timelines and budget estimates; taking screenshots of the software to create a storyboard; writing the script; facilitating voiceover and video pieces; creating marketing tickers; Adwords and LinkedIn ad creation and maintenance, creating specific landing pages and SEO web content; strategy for putting the unlisted product tour on YouTube; email strategy for existing prospects. This was a giant project and the overall strategy and proposal outlined pieces that we have never done before as a company.
- Editing and viewing every piece of marketing collateral before it is finalized.
- Working with a security-specific PR company in the US to increase exposure and lead generation using content written by our internal team as well as ghostwritten
- This included: seeking our clients and internal team members for testimonials and stories; being on calls and interviews between clients/ staff and our PR company.
- Live tweeting during webinars, conferences and company events as @PPM_2000 as well as organizing live tweeting of multiple team members for larger events.
- Creating a marketing attribution spreadsheet to keep track of what marketing materials are generating leads and which of these leads are closing.
- This was done to assist in budget forecasting as the executive management team was working with assumptions on what was working from a marketing standpoint.
- Using my former skills as a recruiter, assisted in hiring for the marketing and sales departments including putting up postings on job boards, pre-screening candidates, taking part in interviews and calling references as required.
- Using Hootsuite, MOZ pro, Crazy Egg, SpyFu, Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Keyword Tool, Twitter, LinkedIn (personal, corporate and advertising, Google + Local , YouTube and Google Adwords.
PPM 2000, Senior Account Manager, August 2013 to April 2014
- Walking clients through current business process to find ways to decrease security incidents and identify trends through incident management and case software.
- Presenting and demonstrating a large suite of incident and case management software including computer-aided dispatching.
- This is done in-person and online to large enterprise companies to mostly US clients in the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500.
- Creating social media and blogging strategies for conferences PPM staff are attending or putting on as well as creating content based on these events.
- Lead generation using LinkedIn.
- This included sending emails and cold calling potential clients.
- Initiated an educational seminar for oil and gas prospects in Calgary.
- This was planned within a short timeframe (5 weeks). LinkedIn was used to create prospect list, send out invites and communicate with registrants. 57 prospects were in attendance.
- Gathering requirements from clients and prospects to take to our internal technical team.
- Writing quotes, proposals and requests for proposals (RFP) as well as requests for information (RFI).
- Meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly and monthly sales targets that stretch to over $400,000 in the first year and $1.2 million going forward.
- Maintaining relationships with current clients to assist them going forward with new modules, technology or add-ons as well as sign new contracts once the initial contracts expire.
- Attended Total Security Conferences in Orlando, Philadelphia and New York City. The intent of these conferences is creating relationships and short meetings with potential clients.
- Assisting clients in creating meaningful metrics and reporting for their activities, incidents and case management. This also ties into US government legislation.
- Creating new verticals of clients to prospect by looking at different ways to use the existing software and leverage relationships built with clients.
Kick Point Inc.. Director of Business Development, September 2012 to July 2013
- Walking clients through their current business process to find ways to improve efficiency, increase sales and recruit new team members using websites, conversion rate optimization, search engine optimization, search engine marketing (Google Adwords, PPC), social media and social media marketing (Facebook ads and sponsored posts and LinkedIn ads).
- Brainstorming and strategizing new ways for clients to create compelling content for their digital marketing platforms (websites, social media platforms, pay per click advertising).
- Building relationships with clients and maintaining them throughout the digital marketing process.
- Strategizing growth, culture and financial forecasting for the company.
- Maintaining a closing ratio of 74% while fostering relationships with clients. The majority of our clients were on year-long contracts, paying monthly.
- Assisting clients in creating meaningful metrics and reporting for their online endeavours. this includes calculating cost per acquisition, cost per lead and cost per conversion. These calculations can work for service-based industries as well as recruitment- cost per resume, cost per interview and cost per hire.
- Strategizing microsites and digital marketing plans for recruitment. These strategies may also include pay per click, social media and landing pages specific to rural areas. Also optimized job posting, job board and career profiles.
- Internal marketing for the company including content writing, web content strategy, persona development and social media plans.
- Lead generation including responding to emails from the website, speaking engagements and networking.
Top Draw Inc., Business Development Manager, May 2010 to September 2012
- Walking clients through current business process to find ways to improve efficiency, increase sales and recruit new team members using websites, conversion rate optimization, search engine optimization, search engine marketing (Google Adwords, PPC), social media and social media marketing (Facebook ads and sponsored stories and LinkedIn ads
- Estimating projects, interfacing with the technical team and third party vendors to create technical proposals and following clients through the web development process.
- Sourcing clients through networking, the Top Draw website, conferences and social media.
- Closing over 1.3 million in revenue as the top salesperson in the company. Also initiated an online marketing partnership with large agencies.
- Maintaining a closing ratio of 67-70% with the average salesperson being at 50-55%.
- Creating and implementing social media strategies for clients including goal setting, training, strategy documentation, editorial calendars, contests (including Twitter/Facebook parties) as well as blogger outreach and measurement/metrics;
- Speaking and presenting at numerous events about search engine optimization and online marketing. Some of these events have included: Social Media Breakfast, Bossy Mama and an 8-hour workshop for the Association of Professional Photographers’ annual conference.
- Initiating an internal performance management structure including an online peer/ personal review system, company goal setting, performance management standards and documentation, customer satisfaction surveys and restructured the internal structure of Top Draw;
- Creating a staff retention and recruitment strategy which included a social media component. Since this retention strategy was put into place, it decreased the staff turnover from 37% to 13%
- Recruiting of 11 new individuals into the Top Draw team including sourcing, pre–screening, interviewing, negotiations and offer letters. 10 of these new hires were from using social media and the other was headhunted out of his current position.
- Creating a monthly Online Marketing Meetup (#OMMYEG) where the focus is on sharing online marketing best practices with a secondary goal of future employee recruitment.
Harcourt Recruiting Specialists, Senior IT Recruiter, September 2009 to May 2010
- Providing full lifecycle, permanent recruitment including building client relationships, uncovering client needs (technical and cultural), sourcing candidates, screening, interviewing, background checking, salary negotiations and invoicing.
- Identifying key decision-makers in the IT industry and cold-called companies and then met with senior management and executives to gather position requirements and then wrote in-depth technical job descriptions for technical positions ranging from tier one, Help Desk Analysts to Directors of IT and Management Consultants.
- In the first six months, prospected 35 new companies, secured face to face meetings with 25 of these companies and had signed fee agreements from 17. Prospects to face to face meetings- 72%, prospects to signed agreements- 49%. Closing ratio- 62% with an average placement fee of $14,560, Fall off average- 0%.
- Increased the revenue generated by the IT recruitment desk by 231%
Si Systems Inc. Senior IT Recruiter, April 2007 to September 2009
- Providing full lifecycle IT recruitment for both permanent and contract roles including sourcing, candidate screening, interviewing, background checking, salary negotiations, building/ maintaining a network community and relationships with clients and consultants.
- Brainstorming creative ideas to increase the consultant database including networking parties and online user groups.
- Recruiting technical positions ranging from tier 1 Help Desk Analyst to Directors of IT and Management Consultants.
- Responded successfully to many large RFP’s and RFR’s;
- Excelled as the top IT Recruiter in the company within the first year of employment based on placements of contract and permanent IT professionals. Placed an average of 70 consultants and permanent candidates a year. This added up to over $750K in yearly revenue. This amount is 233% above the average revenue generated by a Si Systems recruiter.
TELUS Communications Inc., Customer Support Manager, July 2003 to April 2007
- Drove a high-performance culture by effectively leading, guiding, and coaching 30 Technical Support Analysts including conducting formal reviews of team members, assessing developmental opportunities and performance and training within a unionized environment.
- Initiated, created, trained and managed a project in which the Technical Support Analyst teams were to start offering personalized solutions on each client contact to boost revenue for TELUS residential services. This team grew to over 200 agents and was able to increase revenue in the business unit by over 20%.
- Created a recognition and tea, engagement program for over 2000 team members in five different cities including presentation, marketing, budgeting, procurement and organizing support.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming Master Practitioner, Graduated 2017
- NLP stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming – Neuro is neurology, linguistic is language, and programming is based on the patterns you’ve made (positive and negative). NLP is like learning the language of your own mind, allowing you to reduce trauma and increase resilience. It’s also useful for creating/building relationships – personal and professional.
TELUS Communications, Emerging Leaders Program Completion Graduated in 2005
- Hand-selected into the program with 9 other people from 100+ applicants. Modules included managing for performance, business writing skills, motivating high performing team members, team cohesiveness and working with mentors.
Grant MacEwan College, Holistic Health Practitioner Certification Program, Graduated honours with distinction in first-class standing, 2001
- Specializing in Acupressure Massage Therapy, Reiki, Touch for Health and Herbology.
- The program included looking at clients as multi-dimensional beings, stress-relief skills, self- healing skills, education on business skills including ethics, professional writing, marketing, promotion and better communication skills.